Changing for Good: Post-Men’s Behaviour Change Program
The Post-Men’s Behaviour Change Program is part of the Changing for Good service and is for men who have completed a Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBCP) in the last 12 months.
What is the Post Men’s Behaviour Change Program (Post-MBCP)?
The Post-Men’s Behaviour Change Program (Post-MBCP) is part of the Changing for Good service. The program is for men who have recently completed a Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBCP).
The program is delivered by professional counsellors on the phone. Our counsellors will work with the men to help them keep up the strategies they learned in an MBCP. Our counsellors will provide support to help strengthen all relationships in their life – intimate relationships, parenting, friendships or work colleagues.
The program can help men to keep up their momentum and change for good.
The Post MBCP program is free and offers:
- An intensive six-month support counselling program.
- 12 phone counselling sessions that happen every two weeks and one follow up session after the program is finished.
- A professional counsellor who will work with you to continue to achieve the goals set during the MBCP.
Who can join the Post-MBCP?
Men can apply to join the Post MBCP if they can answer yes to all the points below:
- Have completed a Men’s Behaviour Change Program in the last 12 months.
- Are not currently using physical violence in their relationships.
- Want to continue the work started in a Men’s Behaviour Change Program.
No referral is required to apply to the program.
Note: The Changing for Good Post-Men’s Behaviour Change Program is not able to provide reports or support letters for courts.
How can I apply to the Post-MBCP?
If you meet the points above, you can apply to the program by completing the Expression of Interest Form.
- Download the form on to your computer.
- Complete all sections on the form. The PDF is interactive, so you can type directly on the form.
- Once finished, save the form on your computer and email the file to our Changing for Good team.
- Once the form has been received, our team will review it and contact you to find out further information.
What should I expect in the Post-MBCP?
You will work with a professional counsellor over a six-month period. The counsellor will contact you via the phone every two weeks. The appointment dates will be agreed upon ahead of time. We encourage our clients to find a quiet space for each session.
Each phone counselling session will focus on what you want to achieve, and progress will be measured along the way. Our counselling sessions will be respectful and will focus on:
- Building motivation
- Understanding how attitudes and beliefs affect behaviour
- Replacing antisocial thinking with healthier and clearer thinking
- Understanding what’s working for you to keep up the change
- Identifying the barriers to committing to long-term change
- Identifying the tools and support needed to make long-term change.
The program can help you to:
- Develop safe, respectful and healthy relationships
- Recognise your triggers
- Handle your emotions and find better ways to deal with conflict, frustration, anger and disappointment
- Learn tools to support responsible behaviour
- Improve the way you communicate with the people in your life
- Keep up the strategies you learned in the Men’s Behaviour Change Program
- Focus on the goals you set during the Men’s Behaviour Change Program
- Make lasting positive changes in your relationships.
I’m looking for a Men’s Behaviour Change Program
If you are currently using physical violence and are looking for a program to help you stop, there are many Men’s Behaviour Change Programs (MBCPs) that can help. Visit our webpage to see the MBCPs that are available, and you can also Google ‘Men’s Behaviour Change Programs’ to find one near you.
If you are in an emergency situation, please call 000 immediately.
Changing for Good is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.