Refer your client or patient to MensLine Australia
MensLine Australia is a free professional phone and online counselling service for men with relationship and mental health concerns.
Health professionals can refer a client or patient to MensLine Australia for:
- Multi-session counselling: A tailored program for clients who require up to four sessions with the same counsellor. In these structured sessions, counsellors work alongside clients to achieve their goals.
To refer your client or patient, click the button below to download the PDF referral form.
Please fill out the PDF form, save it to your computer, and email it to MensLine@ontheline.org.au.
What happens next?
The referrer will receive an automatic email reply when MensLine Australia receives the referral form.
MensLine Australia’s intake team will assess and register eligible clients.
Referrers will be notified via email whether the client was eligible for the service. Please advise your eligible client that MensLine Australia will be calling them to make an appointment (this will display on a mobile phone as a private number).
What should the client expect?
For multi-session counselling:
- The client will receive a call from the MensLine Australia Intake and Assessment team.
- The intake officer will conduct the Initial Assessment and Referral (IAR) during the first call.
- The counsellor will work with the client to prepare a multi-session goal plan.
- After the first session, the counsellor will book in the next counselling appointment.
Find out more about MensLine Australia’s counselling services.